What does it mean to be let out of jail on your own RECOGNIZE?
it means they let you out on your signature..meaning your agree by signing this you will be back in court when they say and agree to go to all your court dates or you forfit your rights and will be re arrest and bail will be set in the amount they see fit...
recognizance = (law) a security entered into before a court with a condition to perform some act required by law; on failure to perform that act a sum is forfeited
Released on own Recognizance-
It means you get out of jail based on your good name.
Basically, they trust you to show up in court and don't feel the need to have you post bail.
When you are released on your own recognizance, or "OR'd" it means you are agreeing to go to court on your own.
It's own recognizance. Means you don't have to post bail to guarantee your later appearance in court. It's commonly called an "O.R.".
ROR -- "Released on own Recognizance"
It means you are trusted to return for the trial, without having to pay bail (a monetary incentive) to make you return.
basically means you don't have to post bail in order to get out of jail.
On your own name without some one backing you.
identify distinguish behold eye descry detect discern espy mark note notice perceive remark spot take in to pick out and take in with ones perception if this helps
The Answers post by the user, for information only, FreeLawAnswer does not guarantee the right.
More Law Questions and Answers:
- Canada Commerial Code - Store Returns?
- Yahoo Abuse Reports?
- I still haven't gotten my paycheck yet!?
- What dose ethics and Integrity mean?
- Whats the good and bad about relative grounds for refusal in the trade marks act 1994?
- Armed robbery no criminal record before, how much time will he get?
- The Presidents Executive Order?
- Can i get my money back without having a receipt ?? like for tools or books ?
- To all the people who thought that I am a john I have to say that I am a 74 year old living in Bulgaria?