How can you get married when your underage?

do your parents or guardians have to sign a paper?

To get married in any state when you are under age, requires a parent or guardian to sign the forms.
You being under age and wanting to get marred may be one of the biggest mistakes you will make in your life.
Have you thought about where you will live, who will work to buy food and pay bills.
Just saying I Do isn't all there is to getting marred, take a really good look at others that have got marred under age, 99 out of a 100 end up in divorce.
Take a good look before you leap.
The boy across the road marred a girl under age, her parents signed for her, three years later she has two children, and is divorced, is this the way you would like to end up?
Yes--depending on how underage you are. There's a point at which even your parents and guardians can't agree to it.
Yes, You must have parental permission.
Yes, and they'd be stupid to do so. Really, someone under the age of18, who hasn't even finished high school really isn't mature enough to be making that kind of decision. Forget marriage and go to college.
yes they can i think as young as 14 in some southern states. but dont. I married at 18 for 7 years and i changed so much it just wasnt what i wanted when i did grow up.
If you're underage, you have no business getting married. Wait til you're like 25. There is no reason to enter into a marriage until you have finished college. If you're in luuuuuuuuve, keep being in luuuuuuuve as long as you want. You don't need a piece of paper for it.
How old are you?? And yes you have to get parents permission!
But if your like 13 or younger! I bet you couldnt get marriend! But I bet if you were like 15 or up you could but with parents permission
Why don't you just wait til your eighteen and then go to the court house or something.
Yes your parents have to sign papers agreeing to the union. I hope they don't. Wait until your are older and can understand all that is involved with
marriage. Marriage isn't about playing house and
getting out from under your parents' thumb. The
laws are in place for a reason.
What's the rush? Don't you want to be able to drink in public at your own wedding? Finish school, get a good job, learn about yourself first.
depending on what state you live in.. you will need to get a parent to agree by signing a paper. That might not even be enough in some places.
Yes with your parents approval, or you can petition the court to allow you to make decisions as an adult, called emancipation. See website below.
First off, your parents in most places have to sign papers agreeing to your marriage if your 15 or younger, in most places you have to be at least 16 or 17 to get married without your parents consent. You would have to call your local city hall to find out specifics . I will tell you from experience though it is not a good idea to get married so young you may feel as if your mature enough and can handle all that marriage entails but I'll bet you that your not in a few years at best you will probably wish that you had not taken such a drastic step. Marriage is not an answer to whatever it is that you are running from.
I got married at 16 and was divorced at 18 so believe me when I tell you that you will change so much in the next 5 years you won't even be the same person as you were at 15, 16 , 17 18 , etc. hell as a female our bodies don't even finish maturing till were around 22 or so. Finish school as much as it sucks you will regret not doing so, go to college get a great job doing something you love , buy a house , then start your family by getting married or having children . In the end you will be so much happier.
If you need someone who has been through all of this please feel free to e-mail me .
Assuming you’re in the depends on what state you live in and exactly how old you are. If you're under 18 you would need at least written parental consent and may need court approval as well (again, depending on where you live and how old you are). And if you’re too young, it wouldn’t be allowed at all.

By the way, emancipation is not an option. The purpose of emancipation is not to allow a minor the ability to get married against their parents wishes, and no judge would grant a minor emancipation for that purpose.
Under age differs from state to state, but in most cases if the parents sign in some states after 13 or 14 it is OK. I know that sounds ridiculous but that is the way it is. In my state 17 is the minimum, with most norms
it all depends on yourr age and if your ready to make that kind of commitment plus your parents must approve so yes they do and i wouldnt reccomend it earlier then 2o but if you think you can handle it let it whisk you away

The Answers post by the user, for information only, FreeLawAnswer does not guarantee the right.
Answer question:

More Law Questions and Answers: