What does it mean to be legally authorized to work in the United States?

I am filling out some job applications and I spotted this question. I am a U.S. citizen but I'm not sure if that means that I am legally authorized to work in the United States. I want to answer the question truthfully so I won't get in trouble, please I know it sounds dumb but I want to know how can I be legally able to work in the United States?
Answer:   Yes you are legally authorized to work in the US if you are a citizen. In the US, this question refers to those not of US citizenship. Thus, they are asking if you have a green card/work visa or student visa. This information is verified when the employer fills out the I-9 form during the hiring process.

Your question isn't dumb. I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't really know the answer to this question.
Legally Authorised means a work visa or green card. Since you are a US citizen, you shouldnt have to answer that question, your question to answer becomes Are you a Legal US Citizen (or something like that)
If you are a US citizen you are authorised to work in the US> The question is aimed at immigrants who might not be legally permitted to take up employment
if u are a US citizen then u are legally able to work here, or if u have a green card or resident alien card u are able to work here. that is just for people that are here illegally but that doesnt stop them since they can get fake green cards and social security cards.
That only applies to aliens in this country. Some aliens are only allowed to come to the country to study etc, they are not authorized to work.

Being a citizen, you are authorized to work if you meet the federal & local age requirements
It means you have been granted authorization to work in the US.

For US citizens, this is not an issue, but only for someone who immigrated to the US.
You must be of legal AGE to work even if you are a US citizen. It's either 15 or 16 in order to be able to legally work.
how old are you that you dont know how to fill out an application? you are a citizen, you are legally able to work in the US. If you were an illegal alien, then no, you arent legal to work in the US
If you are a citizen of the US then you are legally authorized to work anywhere in the United states.
yes yur a legal authorized to work in us becouse yur a citizen they ask yur a citizen say yes
If you are a citizen then you are legally allowed to work in the U.S. This question is basically asking if you are an illegal immigrant without working papers. You are good to go.
If you are a citizen, you are de facto "authorized" to work in the U.S. If you are not a citizen, you need to have status conferred upon you by a government entity like the INS.
its just asking if you area legal U.S. citizen.
that's all.

The Answers post by the user, for information only, FreeLawAnswer does not guarantee the right.
Answer question:

More Questions and Answers: