What are labor laws for 15 year old in arizona?
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) establishes minimum wage, overtime pay, record keeping, and child labor standards affecting full-time and part-time workers in the private sector and in federal, state, and local governments.
The FLSA's child labor provisions are designed to protect the educational opportunities of minors and prohibit their employment in jobs and under conditions detrimental to their health or well-being.
The minimum age for employment is 14 years old. There are some exceptions such as newspaper delivery; performing in radio, television, movie, or theatrical productions; and work for parents in their solely-owned nonfarm business (except in manufacturing or in hazardous jobs).
Hours of Employment:
14- and 15-year-olds may be employed outside of school hours for a maximum of 3 hours per day and 18 hours per week when school is in session and a maximum of 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week when school is not in session. This age group is prohibited from working before 7 a.m. and after 7 p.m., except during summers when they may work until 9 p.m. (from June 1 through Labor Day).
16- and 17-year olds may be employed for unlimited hours. There are no federal laws restricting the number of hours of work per day or per week.
The Arizona STATE laws pretty much mirror these FEDERAL laws. You can read the STATE law here:
The Answers post by the user, for information only, FreeLawAnswer does not guarantee the right.
More Questions and Answers:
- Legal question Blackmailing or evidence to win a case?
- Gun Control. Yay or Nay?
- How can I get paid for doctor referrals (legally)?
- Why isn't weed legal?
- Zoned TC- Does this zoning allow us to do what we need or do we need to have the zoning changed?
- American gun laws..what do you think ?Is it Freedom?
- Does anyone know anything about the Warren Report or the Warren Commission?
- Is torturing terrorists to give information ethical?
- If an employee violates the medical hippa law by going through another employees chart in a medical office?