Can I buy a house with my son's name who is under 18 years old?

Answer:   People under the age of 18 are not allowed to enter into legal contracts. With that said, they are allowed to own property. So the answer to your question depends. You have not given enough information.
Probably not. He has to be of legal age to enter into a contract, which is probaby 18.

He's a minor and can't enter into a contract.

Find some other way to commit fraud.
You would be facing two serious issues. One, a minor cannot enter a legal binding contract.

The second issue, this would be considered Identity theft and it could turn around and cause many legal issues down the road.

I know this girl who's mother used her name and social security number when she was a minor. Now this girl is an adult and her credit is shot. Because she can prove that she was a minor and it was her mother, there is a legal issue going on to clear up the matter.

Use your name or find another adult to co-sign with you. If neither of those options are available, either wait until your child is an adult and ask him then or consider other options.
Yes. I have bought shares of stock and put it under my son's name, you just put him on the title.

The Answers post by the user, for information only, FreeLawAnswer does not guarantee the right.
Answer question:

More Questions and Answers: