Searching employees personal belongings?
your employers are allowed to search your bag and your car, it will be written in your contract, all the best
because....How about finishing the question
You should detail this question a little better simply because there are rights and wrongs to it. Employers do have the right in SOME situations, but they are limited. I managed a restaurant for 4 years, I can help but I'd need to know a bit more about the situation.
Not sure what your question is... If its can you search them, then yes, as long as you have their permission to do so. We make it part of their contract that they will have their bags searched every time they leave the store (we're a retailer). You can't remove items from their bag to have a better look, but you can ask them to move things or take them out.
Seriously finish your questions, I know a lot about the law, our rights and the rights of your employer. And could probably answer your question for you if you be a little more specific.
Uh oh, what have you been doing, Sandra??
Scottish Law- it is illegal to search someone unless you are a police officer, security guards in shops do not have any right to search you or touch you as this can be classed as assault.
If you are asking is it legal, check out this link it should answer any questions you have;
The Answers post by the user, for information only, FreeLawAnswer does not guarantee the right.
More Questions and Answers:
- Is bounty hunting illegal?
- What is one thing that can be done to better ghettos in major cities?
- How do you modify a restraining order for a domestic violence case?
- If you broke a law on an Indian Reservation and fled the tribal police could you get into trouble?
- What happens if i recieved unemployment benifits while i was in transition of a new job?
- Legal advice?
- What are the legal requirements on equality,diversity and confidentiality?
- What year will they change the age to 18 to be able to get your drivers licence?
- A fellow FreeLawAnswer.com member is commiting forgery off other's answers?
- My license has been suspended for lack of child support, but I'm unemployed. How do I get it back?